Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesChatTriviaRegisterLog in

Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"

Go down 
+5
-
Ed
Kyle
Christy
Mark
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark
Son of a Biscuit Eater
Mark

Height : 5'9"?

Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Empty
PostSubject: Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"   Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:48 pm

I'll check back on this tomorrow. I'm gonna go call Sergio and ask him to come to my house so we can take a nice hot bubble bath together while listening to Celine Dion and then go watch reruns of Sex In the City and finally lay in bed spooning afterward. No homo. lol

On a serious note, I playfully called him a homo today because he thought I had cum in my hair. When school ended he didn't wait for me so we could walk to the bus together like we usually do.
Cry1
Back to top Go down
Christy
Admiral Admin
Christy

Height : Food Service Slave

PostSubject: Re: Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"   Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:02 am

Must be something said mostly amongst you whippersnappers. I've never heard anyone say it.

:p
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Admiral Admin
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"   Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:42 am

I remember Cris mentioning something about "no homo". I've never heard the phrase used.
Back to top Go down
Ed
Admiral Admin

Location : To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.
Height : It is illegal to confine a turtle.

PostSubject: Re: Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"   Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:29 am

"I only drink 2%. No homo."

-geeky joke for the Canadians among us.
Back to top Go down
-
Son of a Biscuit Eater

PostSubject: Re: Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"   Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 6:53 am

No, it bemuses me, because it just serves to point out how insecure these guys are about their own sexuality. I find it ironic in that respect, it calls attention to exactly what they're trying to downplay.

When it's obviously done as tongue in cheek, then I find it funny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"   Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:20 am

I have never heard it said seriously, but it shows a level of self awareness/consciousness that previously hasn't been there in 'youthspeak'. It's like "that's what SHE said" right? It is just a meme that starts off cool, then goes lame, then gets funny in it's lamenss. It doesn't annoy me, but people I know who would say this are white and english and probably kind of homo.

I am against all developments in the english language in general. If anything we should be retrograding to when people spoke proper English and wore capes. 'Shawty' annoys me more.
Back to top Go down
Megan
Admiral Admin
Megan

PostSubject: Re: Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"   Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:34 am

I've never heard "no homo" or "shawty." I must be out of the loop.
Back to top Go down
https://asylumseekers.forumotion.net
-
Son of a Biscuit Eater

PostSubject: Re: Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"   Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:36 am

Megan wrote:
I've never heard "no homo" or "shawty." I must be out of the loop.

Not out of the loop, you just have class, Megan.

(Wow, a teaching pun. Sad.)
Back to top Go down
vishal
Admiral Admin
vishal

Height : My feet just reach the floor

PostSubject: Re: Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"   Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:16 am

Apparently, I am very old. I've never heard it either.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Admiral Admin
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"   Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:31 am

Ed wrote:
"I only drink 2%. No homo."

-geeky joke for the Canadians among us.

Good one
Back to top Go down
Cris
Pirate Tech Support
Cris

PostSubject: Re: Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"   Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:47 pm

@Ed. Lmao! I even got that one. (:
Eric said what I wanted to say word for word.

I love this guy:
Back to top Go down
Cris
Pirate Tech Support
Cris

PostSubject: Re: Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"   Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:53 pm

PS: 'shawty' is dialectal. When African slaves were brought to the Americas many of them had trouble pronouncing the letter 'r' -- so they would replace it with the 'l' or 'w' sound. This remained in areas with high concentrations of slave descendants and influenced the vernacular. That's why people in Atlanta pronounce it like that; where the term originated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"   Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:07 pm

I don't like shorty either, it's not the dialect that bothers me, it's calling women or anyone, shorty. It's like calling them skank, or it is when T pain uses it.
Back to top Go down
ELLES
Master Baiter
ELLES

Height : I can touch the moon on tippy toes.

PostSubject: Re: Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"   Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:29 pm

Glorious, you don't like anything "ghetto".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"   Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:37 pm

I like the song "in the ghetto"

Back to top Go down
Mark
Son of a Biscuit Eater
Mark

Height : 5'9"?

PostSubject: Re: Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"   Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:39 pm

I don't really mind when people say it. It reminds me of a math equation. You have to use the phrase "no homo" to cancel out what you say. It just shows that they're really insecure about their sexuality and about themselves. This kid who rides my bus constantly says it and every time he says it, I say "You must be really insecure about your sexuality if you have to keep saying no homo every other sentence". He gets so bent out of shape it makes me LOL.

I've said many things that would fall into the "homo" category. The other day me and Iverly were discussing male singers and Enrique Iglesias got brought and if you know me, you have a pretty good idea of what I said about Enrique :D

Ella Charlotte wrote:
Glorious, you don't like anything "ghetto".

It shouldn't be surprising Ella. Glow doesn't like "black people music"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does it annoy you when people say "no homo"   Does it annoy you when people say "no homo" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:41 pm

Cartman's version is good.