Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesChatTriviaRegisterLog in

We need more gay guys

Go down 
+2
Kyle
Cris
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cris
Pirate Tech Support
Cris

We need more gay guys Empty
PostSubject: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:42 pm

For, ugh - intellectual discussions. :p
Back to top Go down
Cris
Pirate Tech Support
Cris

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:43 pm

Isn't it LGBT or does the order not matter?
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Admiral Admin
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:22 pm

GLBT makes me think of BLTs, the sandwich. LGBT is better. lol I really hate how my university uses "queer" in place of LGBT. Queer sounds icky.
Back to top Go down
Megan
Admiral Admin
Megan

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:44 pm

They say queer as an official stance????????????
Back to top Go down
https://asylumseekers.forumotion.net
Kyle
Admiral Admin
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:46 pm

Well, the university itself does not, but the official "service" (not club) is called GLOW (Gays and Lesbians of Waterloo): Queer and Questioning.

http://knowyourglow.ca/

*notice its used twice in the header image... :S
Back to top Go down
Ed
Admiral Admin

Location : To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.
Height : It is illegal to confine a turtle.

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:47 pm

Have you ever heard "LGBTTQ"? It means lesbian, gay (male), bi, transgender, two-spirited, queer-identified. Sigh. The whole acronym thing is such crap. I actually do prefer the word 'queer'.

But not being any of the above, it's not really up to me...
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Admiral Admin
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:51 pm

It gets worse: LGBTTIQQ2SA

Confused
Back to top Go down
Megan
Admiral Admin
Megan

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:52 pm

Ohhhh, the gays are calling themselves queer. That's fine with me. I disagree with groups using certain words; like blacks calling themselves niggers and gays calling each other fags, but queer used amongst themselves doesn't bother me for some reason.

I think it's the old slogan "we're here, we're queer, get used to it." I always liked that one.

And yes, I completely contradict myself all the time.
Back to top Go down
https://asylumseekers.forumotion.net
Kyle
Admiral Admin
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:55 pm

Yeah, unfortunately that place has become nothing but an unwelcoming, cliquey group of *queers* that use student money to run unwelcoming, cliquey events that interest a fraction of actual gay people and feminists. It's a pathetic joke.

Sorry to thread jack.
Back to top Go down
Ed
Admiral Admin

Location : To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:56 am

But 'gay' and 'queer' aren't synonyms - 'queer', as far as I know, means 'everything except straight'. It's loaded in that etymologically it means 'strange' and used to be a slur, but if you take away the slur bit, it's a word that fills a lexical gap: there is no other word with that meaning (except the anagram salad)...

Kyle, what do all those letters stand for?
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Admiral Admin
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:20 am

I see what you're saying, Ed.

Queer, by definition, means "strange or odd". The antonym of queer is "normal". So on top of the fact that I think queer sounds, well, queer, it's definition is not something I like to associate with. But to each their own.

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgendered, Intersexual, Queer, Questioning, 2-Spirited, Asexual

Many of which seem unnecessarily repetitive.
Back to top Go down
Ed
Admiral Admin

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:40 am

Yeah, it's simultaneously splitting and grouping. Kinda strange.

When I said 'queer = anything but straight', I was wondering about asexuality. I'm not convinced it belongs there but whatever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:39 am

Kyle wrote:
Well, the university itself does not, but the official "service" (not club) is called GLOW (Gays and Lesbians of Waterloo): Queer and Questioning.

oh FFS! I changed my name to glow to get away from Gay and Lesbian Organisation. We need more gay guys 440481
Back to top Go down
-
Son of a Biscuit Eater

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:12 am

Glow wrote:
Kyle wrote:

oh FFS! I changed my name to glow to get away from Gay and Lesbian Organisation. We need more gay guys 440481

LOL, I totally thought of you when I first read about GLOW. Sorry, couldn't help it, it was just too funny.

Oh, and if it means getting Cris to stop hitting on me in chat so much (ahem), I'm all for it. Diversity, ftw.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Son of a Biscuit Eater
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:47 pm

we need more lesbians!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:53 pm

I nominated some too, in order to lure you back tigger We need more gay guys 910587 just call me pimp
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Son of a Biscuit Eater
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Glow wrote:
I nominated some too, in order to lure you back tigger We need more gay guys 910587 just call me pimp

yay! Stars
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Admiral Admin
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:56 pm

Tigger! Oh how I've missed thou!
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Son of a Biscuit Eater
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:48 am

Kyle wrote:
Tigger! Oh how I've missed thou!

I missed you too hugz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need more gay guys   We need more gay guys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We need more gay guys
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Asylum :: LGBT-